(Image: The Ice Breaker Challenge)
Are you a bridesmaid who has been tasked with planning your bride’s hen party? You have come to the right place today! We’ve got a list of everything you need to organize to have the best hen party ever, plus some extra special little details.
Being asked to plan a hen party can seem like a mammoth task. With so many people’s calendars to work with, budgets to consider, and all those little details, it can seem like a lot. The best way to move forward is to take it easy, one step at a time…
1. Talk to the bride – who does she want to invite, does she have any preferences on number of nights (if any), distance to travel etc.
2. Set a date – The sooner you set a date, the better and easier it will be for everyone to keep that date free.
3. Invite the Chickens – A WhatsApp group, or similar group messaging system is the easiest way for everyone to get in touch and have all the details and answers in one place.
4. Decide on a budget per person – Make sure you discuss the cost with your bride and a few key guests to make sure it’s achievable for everyone invited.
5. Research options and consult with chickens – While it’s good to keep everyone in the loop with ideas, try to keep the group small, lots of cooks and all that!
6. Set payment deadlines – not so fun but essential! Keep a record of everyone paying how much and when.
7. Book accommodation – You’ll need a certain number before this step, so stick to those girls to keep the plan simple.
8. Book Activities – We’re just inspired for ideas – Hen and Stag Parties in Ireland
Book 9. food and drink book.
10. Organize the decorations.
When should you get the chicken done?
A lot of this depends on what kind of hen party you are planning. If it’s a party weekend type give as much notice as possible to save your hens abroad and pay for it. It’s a good idea to aim for 6-10 weeks before the wedding as it’s still time for the hen to rest but not so far away that the excitement of the day fades.
If you’re planning a low-key hen dinner type then it’s perfectly fine to have it close to the wedding date.
Budget for a little extra…
While it can be tempting to go overboard on personalized decorations, remember to factor this cost into the overall budget so all hens can contribute.
For decor and gift ideas, visit…